As an affiliate marketer, your sales process will be significantly shaped by your chosen niche. However, there are still some key aspects of the sales process that remain the same for all affiliates. This is because, regardless of your particular market, the purpose you're working towards is the same.
In other words, your primary goal is to generate leads, navigate them through your sales funnel, and finally turn them into conversions. These three steps are crucial for creating a successful affiliate sales process. Generating new leads is naturally important, but you also need to make sure you're guiding existing leads all the way to the finish line.
In this post, we’ll introduce you to the affiliate sales process and its three primary steps. We’ll also show you how to implement each step in practice, including with the help of our Easy Affiliate plugin. Let's go!
Step 1: Generate New Leads
At its core, lead generation refers to the process of getting people interested in your products. It's how you reach potential customers, and create a sense of desire for the services or products you're marketing. For this reason, it's an integral aspect of building an affiliate site. Otherwise you'll have no visitors, let alone any conversions.
You should therefore work on improving your lead generation efforts. To help you out, here are some ways you can get started:
- Make use of guest posts and social media. This will help to expand your reach and grow your audience. By including backlinks to your site, you'll help increase traffic, and by extension the number of potential conversions.
- Advertise using links and banners. Your affiliate program will usually provide you with marketing materials you can use to spread the word. Plus, Easy Affiliate makes it easy to distribute banners and links to all affiliates.
- Use images to engage your visitors. Images and other visual elements are excellent at driving engagement. They help draw attention to your products, and have been shown to increase conversions when used effectively.
Your goal is ultimately to generate a steady stream of new leads, but that's obviously not the end. The next step is knowing what to do with those leads once you've gotten their attention.
Step 2: Nurture Your Existing Leads
Nurturing your leads is important for ensuring that your current leads remain invested in you and your products. Many people might have an initial interest in your products, but might not be ready to take the plunge to purchase just yet. This is why you need to keep communicating with them. If you do it right, you'll encourage even lukewarm leads to make purchases.
There are plenty of ways you can take care of your existing leads, but here are some solid places to start:
- Leverage email marketing. Using email to stay in contact with your leads is a perfect way to ensure that you stick in their memory. You can even present them with unique offers that encourage them to convert.
- Engage your readers with targeted content. By understanding your audience, you can create content that speaks directly to them. This makes it more likely that they'll remain interested in your brand over time.
- Send follow-up emails. By sending a follow-up email as soon as possible after the lead has completed a task (such as signing up to your email list), you can increase conversions by up to seven times!
- Provide personalized help. Having someone leads can reach out to for help is a great way to build consumer trust.
It's also important to note that you shouldn't stop nurturing your leads when they do hit that Buy Now button. By staying in contact after a successful conversion, you can ensure that customers will keep coming back.
Step 3: Convert Leads Into Sales
We've mentioned ‘conversions' already, but let's quickly define the term. In the context of affiliate marketing, it almost exclusively refers to finalizing a sale. Your goal is to turn each lead into a conversion, and to achieve that you'll need a sales funnel.
Your sales funnel is the process you use to make a person aware of your site, create interest in your marketed products, and finally convert them. There are almost an infinite variety of ways to do this. However, following these tips will help you boost conversions with your own sales funnel:
- Create high-quality content. It may sound obvious, but your users come for the content. You need to make sure it's good enough to be worth staying for.
- Use a strong Call-To-Action (CTA). Creating a compelling CTA can take some time and testing, but it's well worth it.
- Play on the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO). By using limited-time deals and offers, you make it more likely that on-the-fence users will be encouraged to finally convert
It can take some work to get your leads to the end of the sales funnel, but ultimately it's always worth the effort. By ensuring that you consider every step of the journey from lead to conversion, you can improve your customers' sales experience, while making your affiliate site more lucrative in the process.
While every site and business will have its own sales process, the main pathway remains the same. Your goal is always to generate leads, and eventually get them to the end of your sales funnel. To achieve this, you’ll need to make sure that you nurture your leads along the way, building trust and enticing them with the right offers at the right time.
In this post, we’ve shown you the three key steps involved in creating a successful affiliate sales process. These include:
- Generate new leads, by growing your audience with guest posts and official marketing materials.
- Nurture your existing leads, by checking in on them and producing targeted content.
- Convert your leads into customers, with strong content and a compelling CTA.
Do you have any questions about lead generation during the sales process, or how Easy Affiliate can help? Let us know in the comments section below!