In the world of online business, the content you add to your website and social media platforms is significant. This content can make the difference between a potential affiliate joining your program or leaving your site altogether.
Thankfully, there are a few tricks you can include in your arsenal to keep your site visitors engaged and encouraged to become paying customers. And the call to action, or CTA, is among the most important.
In this post, we’re going to share with you sixteen example phrases you can use for inspiration when creating CTAs for your website, social media platforms, and anywhere else you choose.
These phrases will help you write CTAs that will bring more traffic and increase click-through rates for your online affiliate marketing business, based on your specific goals.
Ready to start your own online business? Begin with Easy Affiliate now!
What is a Call To Action?
A call to action, or CTA, is a phrase intended to encourage an immediate response or action from current and potential customers. Marketers use CTAs to encourage engagement or conversions. They can appear on a website, on social media platforms, in ads, or any place where a business owner wants to inspire customers to take action.
What Makes a Good CTA?
There are a few key components that make a call to action effective:
- Crystal Clear. Your website visitors should NEVER have to question what they’re supposed to do next. Your CTA should be completely clear, no questions asked.
- Straight To The Point. A CTA should NOT be long and drawn out. Keep it short and sweet, and make sure it fits neatly into your blog post, website, pop up ad, or wherever else you choose to use it.
- Persuasive. Your CTA isn’t intended to be a suggestion — you want to encourage your visitors to take specific, decisive action. Make visitors feel as if they’re missing out by not clicking, subscribing, or otherwise following through with what you have in mind.
- Bold and Bright. For maximum effectiveness, make your CTA stand out. Using bold colors, capitalizing the words, and even highlighting the text or placing it in a button will help to make your CTA more prominent.
That said, following are a few CTA phrase examples based on various goals you may have.
Goal: Building Your Email List
Email marketing is a great way to stay engaged with your customers and increase conversion rates. However, a healthy email list is key to maintaining a solid email marketing strategy. Adding CTAs to your website and social media pages to encourage visitors to subscribe to your email list is a great way to get started. The following phrases are designed to get people to sign up:
- For valuable tips and tricks for your business, subscribe to our email list.
- Sign up for our email list today for exclusive deals, offers, and discounts!
- Join our email list for weekly deals and discounts!
- Get resources and tools delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up today.
Goal: Brand Exposure
If your affiliate marketing program is designed to garner overall brand exposure and website, blog post, social media page, or landing page visits, there are several CTA formats you can use to encourage click-throughs. Following are a few examples:
- Did you know that 35% of affiliates earn over $20,000 a year? Click here to learn how you can get started as an affiliate marketer right now!
- Easy Affiliate can help start your affiliate program, no matter what stage you’re at in your small business. Click to learn how to get started!
- How do we help companies create thriving affiliate programs? Check out our work here!
- Click here to find out how you can get Easy Affiliate for 50% off!
Goal: Social Media Shares
If you’re seeking social media shares, there are CTAs for that too! Social media is an excellent format for engaging with your customers, capturing leads, and building brand recognition. Here are a few phrase examples that encourage readers to share a blog posts or content on social media, or encourage social media followers to share:
- Think this post would be useful to another online business owner? Click here to Tweet!
- Spread the love around! Share this coupon with your friends on Facebook!
- Enjoyed this video? Share with your network on LinkedIn!
- Pin this infographic on Pinterest to help others learn these valuable affiliate marketing tips!
Goal: Promote an Upcoming Event
You may engage with your audience by hosting events, such as webinars, live sessions, or online tutorials. To ensure there are attendees, you need to promote the event and find ways to encourage your fans and followers to come. Here are a few sample phrases to promote an event and encourage attendance:
- Click here to secure your early bird discount!
- Register today — spots are filling up quickly!
- RSVP to our FREE affiliate business roundtable now!
- Sign up for our affiliate marketing summit now — only three days left to claim your seat!
Are you ready to start your own online business? Get started with Easy Affiliate!
No matter what your goals for your online business, carefully crafted CTA phrases are vital to your success. We hope these sixteen phrases will give you some inspiration to create your own compelling and persuasive CTAs, so you can start building your brand and increasing conversions for your business!
If you liked this post, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn! And don't forget to subscribe in the box below.