A major part of affiliate marketing is finalizing the sale – this is true for both marketers and program managers. Unfortunately, abandoned purchases are a frequent problem for online marketers, and may be hindering your business’ growth.
Fortunately, there are many easy-to-use payment options that you can include in your affiliate program to decrease abandoned sales. One is doing your affiliate marketing using PayPal, a worldwide payment portal that offers usability, flexibility, and security.
In this post, we’ll introduce you to PayPal and its key features. We’ll also discuss three benefits of using PayPal within your affiliate program with the Easy Affiliate PayPal integration.
PayPal is a worldwide online payments system that is used by individuals and businesses alike. However, there are many features for business owners that you may not be aware of. For example:
- You can accept payments using many popular methods (including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) and in various ways (online, in-person, and by email or phone).
- You’re covered with 24/7 transaction monitoring and merchant fraud protection.
- You can collect payments from more than 200 countries, in over 25 currencies.
Best of all, PayPal transaction fees are low. There are no subscriptions fees or monthly maintenance rates. Instead, you pay a small percentage of each transaction and keep the rest.
3 Benefits of Doing Affiliate Marketing Using PayPal
While PayPal is commonly used in online stores, it can also be used within your affiliate program. Here are just three reasons why you should consider using it.
1. Its Popularity Increases Consumer Comfort
PayPal is has over 377 million active user accounts worldwide, which means the vast majority of your customers will be comfortable using it. Your affiliates will also likely have basic knowledge of the platform, which enables them to assist customers during the purchase process.
If you'd like to leverage the popularity of PayPal for the benefit of your affiliate program, here are two practices you can incorporate right now:
- Advertise your usage. Using PayPal within your program is a benefit. Be sure to highlight this on your landing page, and potentially on Pay Now buttons.
- Provide affiliates with appropriate materials. Using an Affiliate Dashboard, you can add links to documentation such as PayPal user guides. This ensures that your affiliates are the best source of information for your customers.
Overall, you want your customers to know that you’ve chosen the best payment portal for them. This will improve their feelings of comfort, which can increase sales.
2. You Have Flexible Management Options for Maintaining Your Finances
With PayPal, you can track and manage your business’ finances in one place, which of course will ensure smoother day-to-day operation. Fortunately, the tracking process is automatic with PayPal, and there are other things you can do to enhance your experience. For example:
- Know what PayPal offers. From financial reports to invoices and more, PayPal has a lot to offer. However, you need to know about its offerings to put them to best use.
- Keep an eye on Insights. PayPal’s newest tracking feature – Insights – enables you to track operations and compare to historical data. You can tweak your business as needed, and monitor your progress.
In short, PayPal makes it simple to keep your program’s finances in line. You can then keep track of your sales and earnings for improved business operations.
3. Its Top-Notch Security Increases Customer Trust
Given PayPal’s popularity, it makes sense that the platform takes security very seriously. Featuring 24/7 transaction monitoring, fraud protection, and encrypted technology, PayPal is a great choice for keeping any transferred data secure.
A secure payment portal is a solid trust indicator for your customers, and it also means you and your affiliates can focus on sales, not protecting customer information. This measure also benefits your program’s website, as security is crucial for search engine rankings.
If you’re not sure how to leverage this benefit for your business, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Highlight how PayPal protects your customers. Let your customers know how their information is protected, as well as the buyer-focused features offered.
- Provide a step-by-step purchase guide for improved trust. While some customers may require additional support, a step-by-step guide can help those who just need a small nudge.
There are many factors involved in an online purchase. However, a secure payment gateway will ease many customers’ fears, which can contribute to a higher sales rate.
How to Do Affiliate Marketing Using PayPal With Easy Affiliate
Easy Affiliate is a plugin that provides robust management for affiliate programs of all sizes. It has a myriad of useful features, and it enables you to integrate your program with PayPal.
To enable PayPal in Easy Affiliate, you'll just need to go to Easy Affiliate > Settings > eCommerce and ensure that the PayPal option is toggled on:
You'll notice that the PayPal payment integration is not yet active. This is because the majority of the integration process is done within PayPal itself. Once enabled, simply follow the in-plugin instructions that appear on the screen.
Through PayPal, you can create a unique button (or use one of many templates) and add it to your site. You can also set up single and recurring payments. When you're done, PayPal will be 100% integrated with your affiliate program.
PayPal is a well-known gateway for buyers and sellers, offering many features and seemingly endless functionality. By doing your affiliate marketing using PayPal, you benefit from improved customer trust and increased sales as a result.
In this post, we’ve introduced PayPal as an affiliate program payment integration. We’ve also outlined three benefits your program will enjoy if you use PayPal. To quickly recap:
- Its popularity increases customer comfort.
- You have flexible management options for maintaining your business’ finances.
- Its top-notch security increases customer trust.
Do you have any questions about PayPal, or how you can integrate this payment service with Easy Affiliate? Let us know in the comments section below!