When promoting your affiliate business, it’s important to use every channel that can benefit your brand. Many marketers find social media to be time-consuming; they struggle to justify the time and effort required. A strong social media presence, however, can help your business grow by boosting site traffic and increasing interest in your brand. It's essential that you make time for social media on your weekly to-do list.
In this post, we’ll discuss three ways that a strong social media presence can benefit your affiliate business. In addition, we’ll show you how Easy Affiliate can help – especially when it comes to creating social media-friendly affiliate content. Let’s get started!
1. It Can Drive Quality, Targeted Traffic to Your Website
Driving traffic to your website is essential for business growth. However, there’s a major difference between ‘regular’ traffic and quality, targeted traffic: targeted traffic is the type more likely to convert.
A strong social media presence helps you connect with your target audience, thus increasing targeted traffic to your website. In addition, social media gives you a platform for promoting on-site content (and attracting readers to said content).
Follow these two steps to use your social media presence to drive quality, targeted traffic to your site:
- Find the “right” platforms for your audience. How “right” a platform is will vary according to your business. In a nutshell, you want to find the platforms where your target audience hangs out most.
- Create “clickable” content. Content that is compelling and that speaks directly to your target audience leads to more clicks.
Remember that not all traffic is created equal. To drive the “right” traffic to your site, you need to ensure you're following the steps above, and posting on your social media profiles consistently.
2. It Can Expand Your Industry Reach
Your ‘reach' simply means how far your brand extends beyond your immediate audience. A strong social media presence can expand your brand's reach. Your followers will share your content, delivering it to their own followers, and so on.
With the proper techniques in place, expanding your reach with the help of social media is a breeze. Here are two particular techniques we think will be most beneficial:
- Include industry leaders by using hashtags and mentions. This is a simple way to increase the number of eyes on your posts, and maybe even make some vital business connections.
- Create “shareable” content. Incorporate trending topics and audience engagement into your social media campaign to ensure that your content is shareable.
Aside from the obvious benefits of an expanded reach (such as more social media followers and potential leads), social media can also boost your credibility.
3. It Can Boost Your Credibility
As an affiliate marketer, you know that credibility can lend itself to improved sales. A social media presence can lead to such credibility. Your reach on social media can build trust among your followers and establish you as an industry leader.
Of course, presence alone won’t boost your credibility. There are two habits you can adopt to ensure you’re making the most of your platform:
- Use your platform to discuss industry-related news. This will show your followers that you’re well informed, and will also help to build your reputation as an industry expert.
- Engage with your audience, asking them questions and leading the conversation. Acting as a moderator can help you appear more knowledgeable. It also gives you the chance to see how your audience feels about certain topics.
These two techniques can go a long way in establishing you as an industry expert. A solid industry reputation is important if you want to continue to increase your brand and your website's credibility.
How Easy Affiliate Can Help You Create Stellar Affiliate Content for Social Media
Easy Affiliate is an affiliate program management plugin. Its array of features can help you create a strong affiliate program and establish a strong social media presence through the use of the link and banner creation tool.
To use the tool, just head to Easy Affiliate > Creatives, located on the left side of your WordPress dashboard. You'll be brought to the Creatives settings page.
Click the Add New button to create a new link or banner. First, you'll need to insert the Destination URL where visitors will be redirected to after they click on this link. Ideally, this should be a landing page or a product sales page.
Then you'll need to decide whether you'd like to create a sharable link or upload a banner image.
To create a link, make sure that the Type option is set to text (which it is by default). If you'd like to upload an image instead, click the drop-down arrow to then select the banner option:
Once you have created your new link or banner, be sure and click the blue Publish button located on the right-hand side of the page. Your new creative will also be automatically shared with your affiliates so they can post to their social profiles as well.
Now, all that is left to do is post the creative to your social media profiles. It's really that simple!
With a strong social media presence, you can do more than just gain followers; you can also build lasting relationships with your audience and business contacts. You can broaden your reach and build your reputation. With these benefits, social media marketing is worth the time and effort you spend on it.
In this post, we’ve highlighted the benefits that an active social media presence can bring to your affiliate business. To recap, you can:
- Drive quality, targeted traffic to your website.
- Expand your industry reach.
- Boost your credibility.
Do you have any questions about how a strong social media presence can benefit your affiliate business, or how Easy Affiliate can help? Let us know in the comments section below!