Staying connected with your affiliates is important, and one effective way to do so is with a webinar. This creates a direct channel of communication that you wouldn’t otherwise have, and helps to put a human face on your business. However, hosting your first webinar can be intimidating, especially if you feel unqualified or otherwise unprepared.
With some preparation and guidance, however, running an affiliate marketing webinar doesn't have to be a challenge. Webinars can help you connect with your current affiliates, encourage affiliate participation, and even increase sales, so they're worth learning how to create.
In this post, we’ll explain what an affiliate marketing webinar is and why you should consider hosting one. Then we’ll share three tips for creating your first webinar, and discuss how Easy Affiliate can help. Let’s get started!
What An Affiliate Marketing Webinar Is (and Why You Should Host One)
Simply put, an affiliate marketing webinar is an online video conference that can either be broadcast live or recorded in advance. Hosting a webinar for your current and potential affiliates can have various benefits for your program. More specifically, a webinar can:
- Reignite passion in your affiliates.
- Answer frequently asked questions, or address common problems faced by your affiliates.
- Provide a perfect way to connect with your affiliates and encourage their participation.
- Help your affiliates more effectively run their own marketing campaigns.
Perhaps best of all, hosting a webinar yourself puts a human face to your program. This is something that many affiliate programs don’t have, so it can put you far ahead of your competition.
3 Tips for Hosting Your First Affiliate Marketing Program Webinar
As you prepare for your webinar, you’ll want to seek out as much advice as you can find. To get you started, here are some tips that will put you on the right track.
1. Choose a Specific Problem to Focus On
The first decision you'll need to make when preparing to host a webinar is what it should be about. By choosing a specific problem or topic to focus on, you can cover the material in an in-depth manner. This also makes it easy to provide actionable advice to your affiliates.
Of course, you should consider what your audience (i.e. your affiliates) would like to hear about most. Here are a few ways to find out what that is:
- Perform a survey. Using a free survey tool such as Google Forms, you can ask your affiliates what pain points they’d be most interested in learning how to solve.
- Choose a unique perspective. You likely know the problems that many of your affiliates deal with, such as poorly optimized website traffic. By adding a unique perspective, you can cover a more common problem without boring your audience.
If you're really stuck, you can even consider what topics other affiliate programs in your industry have covered. Just make sure that you put your own unique spin on whatever subject you choose.
2. Prepare and Practice for Your Webinar
Especially before your first webinar, it's natural to feel nervous. The best way to alleviate this is by preparing yourself and practicing in advance. This will make you more confident when talking about the topic, and help keep your presentation style confident.
When it comes to preparing for your webinar, there are several things you can do:
- Choose where to host it. There are many hosting platforms to pick from, including Google Hangouts, YouTube Live, and GoToWebinar.
- Prepare your script. This includes what you’ll say during the webinar, as well as answers to potential questions from your audience.
- Do an offline practice run. Make sure you’re comfortable delivering the information, and that you won’t go over or under the scheduled time.
These steps will set you up for success, and help to cut down on pre-webinar jitters. You might still be nervous, but at least you'll know you're prepared.
3. Promote Your Webinar Extensively
All the preparations in the world alone won’t attract affiliates to your webinar, unless you promote it. You'll want to ensure that you get the highest attendance possible, which means telling your affiliates about the event. This also enables your affiliates to prepare for the webinar, such as by thinking of questions they'd like to ask:
As a program manager, you have a few promotional options. For example, you can:
- Promote the webinar on your affiliate dashboard. Using Easy Affiliate’s Affiliate Dashboard, you can spread the word about your webinar where affiliates are sure to see it.
- Highlight it in your affiliate newsletter. For example, you can add a link to the webinar sign-up page, or include a short promotional video that offers a ‘teaser’.
If you have active social platforms, you should also be sure to advertise there. Your affiliates can then share the information with other current affiliates, as well as those who may want to become a part of your program.
Hosting a webinar is one of many great ways to communicate effectively with your affiliates. By running a webinar, you can connect with your affiliates on a more personal level, while offering up your own advice and expertise.
In this post, we’ve introduced affiliate marketing program webinars and their benefits. We’ve also shared three tips for hosting your first one successfully. To quickly recap, you'll want to:
- Choose a specific problem to focus on.
- Prepare and practice for your webinar.
- Promote your webinar extensively.
Do you have any questions about hosting your first affiliate webinar, or how Easy Affiliate can help? Let us know in the comments section below!